Monday, March 2, 2009

The Power of Words

One word: Wow. I have just finished reading a commentary article called Immigrant deaths along South Texas border rose 40 percent off of TexasFred’s, I am guessing written by Fred on March 01, 2009.

I have to be honest; I chose this particular site for the one and only reason--that it is branded a conservative’s site. As I have mentioned in my profile, I do not consider myself a conservative, instead, I am very liberal; however, I did not expect to be this flabbergasted.

He begins the commentary with a quick overview of an article posted by Dallas News called Immigrant deaths along South Texas border rose 40 percent. That much (credit) I’ll give him; he commented on a credible source. However, I think he is just an unhappy, negative, and hateful old man! Throughout his commentary he continuously capitalizes the words: “illegals,” “my,” “both,” invaders and invade,” “hell,” “no and not,” and “kill.” In doing this, he is mainly targeting not only conservatives like himself, but weak conservatives, those that he can easily brainwash and persuade in following his opinions—and may I also add, to persuade in making, as his text states, a “small DONATION” to his site. The context he put his writing in exemplifies this. The words “both” and “my” gives the weak conservative a sense of ownership, belonging and comfort; and, of course, the words “illegals,” “invaders and invade,” “hell,” “no and not,” and “kill” all have a negative connotation, which then evokes negative and hateful feelings in the reader (when unaware of his intentions). All I have to say is: This can be very dangerous.

In addition, he claims that he has “NO sympathy for the lost lives of the ILLEGAL invaders…for their families either.” In my opinion this is harsh, but nothing compared to what he later states as, “I also believe that what we are currently facing is a violent invasion, and in my opinion there is only one way to deal with those that launch a violent invasion against your home and loved ones. KILL THE INVADERS!” He has no evidence or, in my opinion, logic that supports any of this. The only ones being violent in the process are, in fact, the U.S. government and its hired police officials and border patrollers. Not to mention that murdering someone for craving freedom and success so much that he/she is willing to risk their lives in order to get it, is immoral and illegal. He’s crazy and heartless!

Yes, I realize, there is the issue of a lack in jobs in society today, but that is only because the general public consists of many stuck up individuals that think they are too good for particular job positions and therefore are left unemployed. The “invaders” on the other hand, are willing to take these positions (someone needs to-according to sociologists, in order to keep a society’s economy consistent we must nourish the theory of social stratification) and work hard, because they, unlike the majority of our society today, know the significance of a dollar. What does this mean? For thinkers such as Fred, it would be a positive aspect to invite “invaders” and “illegals” to the United States. They are filling in that puzzle piece in society that people like Fred won’t do. By doing this, they have taken that burden off of Fred. In my opinion, however, regardless of the burden they have taken away from the general population of born “legals,” everyone is entitled to success, health, and happiness but are each dealt with a different set of cards, which are, of course, required to be played differently...simple as that.

1 comment:

  1. ROFLMAO... I wish I had found this sooner, I love knowing I have done my job SO well!!

    Please, visit often, it's apparent that you're not used to reading much truth, I can enlighten you...

    ReplyDelete