Monday, April 20, 2009

Ms. Jazz's Serving the Citizens Blog commentary on Tax Exemptions

Instead of clicking on each and every blog, I decided to make my selection a random one. So I closed my eyes, moved my mouse around and landed on Ms.Jazz's Serving the Citizens Blog commentary on Tax Exemptions. She, in my opinion, makes a great argument when she states that all of us, college students, need a financial break.

It is tough as it is working while going to school, not to mention the extra activities a person needs to incorporate in their lives (hobbies, time to socialize with family and friends, relax, etc.) that a small financial assistance would really alleviate things.

She began her commentary with a short introduction that, instead of jumping straight into the subject, she tried connecting to the readers. She continuously reiterated the word “we.” I liked that. Her body consists of her personal experience and the negative results of the money spent for college. When she stated, “You can already expect to pay a pretty good amount of money for just one book,” I could not do nothing more than just nod. I am currently taking 17 credit hours. Coming up with the money was definitely not a fun task. She ends her commentary with the benefits of passing this bill. This, in my opinion, leaves the reader with a positive idea in their head, with excitement, and motivation.

I would have, however, liked to see a little more in depth explanation on the HB 20. I began reading, I got a little lost. I feel that this would have been a much stronger commentary and argument if Ms. Jazz would have added some background on the subject. It would have given the piece a more stable foundation.

This subject, in my opinion, is one that should receive a lot of attention. It is not an issue that is rare. The greater majority can relate and, whether it is the parents or students. Therefore, it needs to be addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment